Your Designer Diet Background
How many times have you spent hours in a bookstore going through hundreds of weight loss/diet books? And, how many times have you actually found the right kind of a diet plan? Today’s world has an array of diet plans to offer, thus making the right diet selection task a very complicated one. Most overweight people like to go for the hit and trial method by following a particular diet for some time and then dismissing it when it doesn’t work. A book by Todd Huff called “You Designer Diet” focuses on developing a diet plan which focuses solely on a particular person’s body and lifestyle in mind.
Your Designer Diet Basics
A designer diet (also known as a customized diet) is a diet that is custom made for people keeping their particulars in mind like body type, lifestyle, budget, meal preferences etc. Most diet plans fail to work after a certain point of time because they are made keeping general logistics at stake, whereas, a designer diet is person specific. A designer diet plan is made considering a person’s current lifestyle closely and changes made are not very binding or restricting on the person concerned. A designer diet is not as rigidly structured as other diet types, it emphasizes on losing weight by paying considerable attention to the various lifestyles adopted by a person.
Designer diet has a cognitive edge to itself. It makes a person learn to control his/her behavioural and emotional actions that are capable of making a person gain weight.
According to Huff, there is no single problem which underlines the phenomenon of weight gain and thus there can be no simple and single solution for such a problem. To lose weight, a person’s designer plan must considerably account for individuality, identify challenges for the individual and also focussing on the strengths of the person. A designer diet will tremendously help a person to improve his/her diet and lifestyle and thereby enabling a person to lose weight.
The designer diet does not tell a person what to eat, when to eat etc, rather, it helps people to maintain weight and a healthy lifestyle by explaining to them the reason behind their failure to stick to certain diets. This step by step process of the designer diet plan will equip its dieters with strategies and positive skills to help them win the battle of weight loss.
A right amount of physical activity or exercise is necessary to give you that extra boost to your diet plan. Though, some diet plans do not consider exercise compulsory they certainly do not tell you to avoid them. It is a pre conceived notion that all exercises majorly underline the same concept, but on the contrary, there are different types of exercises which have different effects on different body types. A designer diet includes exercises keeping your metabolism in mind. If a person is an athletic type, then they are encouraged to take up sports as exercises like running, swimming, etc. For the weight watchers who have a low metabolism, cardiovascular exercises like, spinning, walking, and jogging are recommended. Now, the most common problem is that most often people get bored of their monotonous exercise routines. A solution to this can be found in a designer diet that suggests different exercising techniques each day of the week. Yoga, Pilates, running, strength exercises, weight training and aerobics are added into your schedule to keep the diet going without any problems. Apart from these being actively involved in house chores and gardening is the best exercise recommended by doctors all over the world.
Frozen dinners, meal replacement shakes, hard-boiled eggs, legumes, baby carrots, fruit, spinach, salsa, fat-free popcorn.
Your Designer Diet Sample Meal Plan
A meal plan is not included in ‘Your Designer Diet’.
Cost and Expenses
A designer diet takes care of all your needs which include the cost and expenses. As numerous products are available in the markets most people opt for the expensive ones thinking these are more effective which is again untrue. Though, nothing can beat the cost that overweight people pay for obesity, sometimes an expensive diet is really not “the” diet plan for you. For those with a high budget can opt to hire a health nutritionist or a fitness trainer to help them with their diet plans. Also, they can opt for the designer food that is available and is suitable for you according to your diet. The book by Hoff called “Your Designer diet” costs around $13.
- It’s a diet plan that is customized only for you and keeps your needs and particulars in mind.
- It is guaranteed to work if followed precisely with great commitment.
- The changes brought about by the designer diet for an individual are gradual and not very binding or restrictive.
- There are choices between a whole variety of foods and one can choose depending upon his/her likes and dislikes. And, the best part is that all the options are healthy and suitable to the respective body types.
- This type of a diet closely addresses the role psychological factors for an effective control of weight.
- Also, most of these diets encourage you to lead a healthy lifestyle and get rid of the excess of cellulite on your body. It gives you a major confidence boost and even suggests maintenance measures after the desired weight is achieved.
- Support is provided by Your Designer Diet website.
- Firstly, it is not popular. Thus, most weight watchers still opt for the hit and trail method and ultimately choosing the diet which is not suitable for their body type or is too exhausting.
- Alcohol is not permitted under all circumstances. Not even minor quantities are allowed.
- It does prove to be expensive for some weight watchers as sometimes there is no choice but to opt for the expensive food as the substitute is either unavailable or not effective.
- The results of this diet may take some time to show.
The designer diet enables you to identify the interfering factors associated with your ability to lose weight. The dieters following this diet are provided by a lot of successful strategies and diet plans to reduce weight and thereafter maintaining it as well.
Your Designer Diet
By Todd Hoff