Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program Background
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program has been created by Dr. Julian Whitaker who owns The Whitaker Wellness Institute and has a vast experience in treating patients with weight problems. He has written this book based on his experience while treating these patients at his clinic. He has also written 13 other books related to health including Reversing Hypertension, Reversing heart Disease and Reversing Diabetes. In his book ‘The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program’, Dr. Whitaker says that obesity is a huge problem in America and many people, including him, have weight problems. During his research into fighting excess weight, he discovered a program that helped him and his patients to shed weight and also maintain ideal weight after that. In this book, he shares this program with the readers.
Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program Basics
According to Dr. Whitaker, excessive weight is not related to eating more or lack of willpower to control eating or other reasons that are commonly believed. He states that many of the foods that are recommended by weight loss programs increase appetite and leave you feeling hungrier. This can have a reverse effect as fighting hunger everyday can be challenging. Instead you are guided to eat food that keep you full and stimulate the fat burning process of the body. Only then it is possible to achieve a permanent weight loss and maintain ideal weight.
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program recommends dieters to have a diet that is low in carbohydrate, high in proteins and have moderate amount of fat. The program explains how these elements can have an effect on the weight of a person and his appetite. The diet recommended in the program contains three main meals and two small snacks in between the meals. In total you will be consuming about 20 to 25 grams of proteins and10 grams of carbohydrates in one day. On this program, you are also allowed to have one mild beer, one glass of wine or any other spirits limited to 1 oz.
In The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program, you will find meal plans for three books. Certain recipes have also been given. Additional online support is also provided to the dieters through a website. The website has features that can help the dieters to carry out the program successfully. They can find features such as food diaries, exercise logs, calorie calculators as well as some extra recipes.
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program recommends exercising as it helps in increasing metabolism of the body and also builds lean muscles. Dr. Whitaker says that exercising improves calorie burning ability of our body which is very important in losing weight. He recommends aerobic exercises, resistance training and some stretching exercises along with the diet. There are exercise details in the book that includes some basic exercises to help you get started with the exercise regime.
Some of the foods that are recommended in the program are lean beef, salmon, tuna, shrimp, eggs, turkey, cottage cheese, endamame, almonds, peanut butter, flaxseed, olive oil, V8 juice, coffee, tea, stevia, xylitol, coconut oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, Boca burgers, tofu, reduced-fat cheese, chicken, fruits and low-carb vegetables.
Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program Sample Meal Plan
A sample diet under the program can consist of scrambled eggs made up of one whole egg and egg whites from 4 eggs and 1 oz grated reduced fat cheese. Along with this you can have two or three cups of raspberries and a cup of tea or coffee. For lunch, you can have a mushroom burger with spinach and tomato salad. You can also dress your salad with a teaspoon of salad dressing. You can have a hardboiled egg with half a cup of cherry tomatoes for afternoon snack. For dinner, you can have salmon patties on field green salad. You are also allowed for one snack after dinner which can contain one-fourth cup of nonfat cottage cheese and half a cup of chopped red bell pepper. However, it is completely optional to include this snack in your meal plan.
Cost and Expenses
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program by Dr. Julian Whitaker is available in hardcover at Amazon.com for $24.99.
Click here to purchase the book at a discount price.
- Dr. Whitaker has many years of experience and is an expert in the field of weight management. He is very well qualified and is quite respected in his profession of health.
- The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program recommends dieters to have whole foods in great variety. The dieters have a variety of foods to choose from.
- This program also allows dieters to have moderate quantities of fats.
- The program recommends a high protein diet which has been proved beneficial in losing weight. High protein intake reduces the dieter’s appetite and helps in building lean muscles. At the same, calorie intake is also minimized due to reduced appetite.
- The program negates myths like portion control and lack of willpower as causes of being overweight.
- The program puts a lot of emphasis on exercising.
- The program comes along with recipes and meal plans for three weeks. This makes it easy for the dieters to plan their meals by spending less time in deciding and preparation of the meal.
- The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program requires the dieters to restrict their intake of carbohydrates. This can be a problem for many as they are used to having good quantity of carbohydrates in their daily meal.
- The program also advises the dieters to have supplements to stimulate fat burning and gaining muscles.
- Not all recommendations made in the book have been evaluated by other sources which conduct independent evaluations.
- The program allows daily consumption of caffeine and alcohol.
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program is one among many weight loss diet programs that recommend food that are high in protein and less in carbohydrates. Though this regime can help you to lose weight radically in initial days, it is a difficult habit to be brought into one’s lifestyle permanently. Hence, once you are off the diet, the weight is likely to come back.
The Whitaker Wellness Weight Loss Program
By Julian Whitaker M.D.
Dr. Whitaker’s Guide to Natural Healing : America’s Leading Wellness Doctor Shares His Secrets for Lifelong Health!
By Julian Whitaker and Michael T. Murray