No Big Deal Diet Background
No Big Deal Diet has been created by Dr. Joanne Lichten PhD who is popularly known as on the go health guru of America. She has a vast experience in treating patients suffering from weight problems. She has been in the profession for more than 25 years and in the time span has treated many patients. In No Big Deal Diet, the dieters are asked to develop seven skills for successful weight loss. The diet has been named No Big Deal because she says it is not a big deal to lose weight, keep your appetite under control and continue weight management throughout your life once these skills have been learnt and incorporated in your daily lifestyle.
No Big Deal Diet Basics
Dr. Joanne has had years of experience in the field and over the years she has come across many facts. Three important conclusions that she has made from the years of research are that only knowledge will not help you to bring healthy changes in your lifestyle, there is no particular diet that can be termed as a perfect diet and a strong willpower is not mandatory for shedding weight. She mentions that people who are able to manage their weight successfully do not have additional willpower as against others who are not. They just have some skills, which can be acquired by anyone. She mentions seven skills that can help dieters to lose weight and control future weight gains.
These seven skills are not making excuses, treating yourself right, making your own rules, not depriving yourself, accelerating your metabolism rate, question yourself and maintain your focus. According to her, by incorporating these skills in one’s daily lifestyle, it will be very easy to lose weight and maintain ideal weight throughout the life.
In No Big Deal Diet, dieters are asked to maintain a food journal to keep a track of the food they eat throughout the day. The diet also recommends the dieters to have breakfast daily and also recommends them to take required amount of calories every day.
Dr. Joanne says that there is no particular one way of losing weight that can be generalized and be applicable on everyone. Results differ from person to person. For this, the dieters are asked to create their own meal plans according to the food that suits their lifestyle and has had a good effect on their body in the past. They are encouraged to make their own rules. The book helps the dieters with tools to manage their diet and stick to it.
No Big Deal Diet encourages the dieters to include exercise in their daily routine. The diet program emphasizes on the importance of exercises for losing weight and also building up confidence. The program encourages you to be involved in a physical activity that you like and exercises regularly.
The program advises the dieters to go for a combination of cardiovascular and strength training exercises. These can be done under the supervision of a fitness trainer or with the help of a credible exercise video.
Even though there are no particular restrictions on food and dieters can include all foods that they desire in their meal plan, No Big Deal Diet does make some food recommendations. The dieters are advised to have lean pork, cheese, eggs, black beans, lean beef, chicken breast, fish, low fat milk, oatmeal, bread, bakes chips, baked potatoes, sugar free cocoa, frozen yogurt, fresh fruits and vegetables.
No Big Deal Diet Sample Meal Plan
In the sample diet plan under No Big Deal Diet, you can have a bagel with low fat cream cheese and a cup of coffee made with skimmed milk for breakfast. An apple can be had for morning snack. For lunch, you are advised to have a chicken breast and a large bowl of green salad. You can follow this with baked corn chips with salsa. For dinner, you are advised to have a grilled lean beef with steamed vegetables and baked potato. You are also allowed to have a cup of sugar free hot chocolate for dessert.
Cost and Expenses
Dr. Jo’s No Big Deal Diet by Dr. Joanne Lichten is available in paperback at amazon.com for $11.66.
Click here to purchase the book at a discount price.
- Dr. Joanne is a certified dietitian and hence recommendations in No Big Deal Diet are made keeping in mind the nutritional needs of the body.
- The program encourages the dieters to have breakfast daily. This helps the dieters to reduce excess calorie intake for the rest of the day.
- It mentions that you do not need additional willpower to follow a diet regime. Many people often feel de-motivated and feel a lack of willpower in carrying on the diet program. This program will appeal to such people.
- The knowledge and advices given in the book can be easily applied in any diet plan that you want to follow.
- This diet program is like a customized approach to dieting. People can choose a diet according to their lifestyle and adopt these skills along with that plan.
- The program also addresses the emotional reasons for overeating. The book gives tips on how to deal with this.
- The program also asks the dieters to maintain a food journal. This has had a considerable effect in achieving weight loss in many diet programs.
- The program asks the dieters to regularly monitor the calorie intake.
- There are no specific meal plans given in the book.
- The book does not inform much about the nutritional needs of the body.
- There is nothing new to be offered in the book. The tips and recommendations that we come across are already mentioned in many other diet plans that are available in the market.
No Big Deal Diet encourages dieters to undertake dieting even if they are deterred by a feeling of having a weak willpower as the diet mentions that there is no need for a strong willpower to carry out a dieting plan successfully. The program will encourage you to incorporate healthy habits and maintaining a healthy lifestyle with no matter which diet you choose to take.
Dr. Jo’s No Big Deal Diet
By Joanne V. Lichten and Dr. Jo
Dining Lean – how to eat healthy when you’re not at home
By Joanne V. Lichten and Dr. Jo